Resources for Cheltenham College parents and guardians
GTMatrix runs a coach service from school to Heathrow Airport at the beginning and end of each term and half term. For information about non-coach travel, please see the bottom of this page.
Bookings are made with individual houses and are collated by the master in charge of transport bookings at Cheltenham College, Mr Chris Reid (C.Reid@cheltenhamcollege.org)
Late bookings can be made directly with GTMatrix by completing the booking form.
Coach stopping information (links are to What3Words unique references and include GPS coordinates):
The Heathrow coach stops at Terminal 2 while Terminal 3 is closed.
On arrival from school parents and guardians should park in short stay and go to coach stop 13 and 14 on Level 0 (https://w3w.co/rate.shots.sank
When departing back to school students should rendezvous in Terminal 2 Arrivals (https://w3w.co/remark.themes.buck 51.470071, -0.45068900) on the first floor. Please look out for the chaperone wearing a red GTMatrix uniform.
Contacting the Cheltenham team
Each school has a dedicated SMS number which is monitored by the chaperones on every travel day. Your son or daughter will receive an SMS message prior to travel to remind them of their booking. The chaperone will also send updates where helpful during the travel day to both parents and students.
The dedicated SMS ONLY number for Cheltenham is +44 TBA.
The SMS number receives incoming messages, however in order to keep the volume of messages to a manageable level, please only message if necessary.
You can call the main GTMatrix office number at any time on +44 20 3355 2858 and a member of the team will help you to find the information that you need.
We have a national network of trusted taxi & minibus suppliers and we are able to book non-scheduled transport for students and parents, all of which can be added to the school bill.
Approximate travel times and costs BY TAXI from Cheltenham are:
||Approx. travel time
|Gloucester Airport (private flights)
||1 hour 5 mins
||1 hours 45 mins
||2 hours 30 mins
||2 hours 15 mins
|Hilton, Park Lane, Central London
||2 hours 10 mins
Important notes about taxi bookings:
We charge a premium over and above the taxi base price to cover the following:
- Booking with an approved supplier
- Pre-travel call to confirm details with supplier
- “Passenger On Board” call to supplier to ensure safe collection
- “Passenger Dropped Off” call to supplier to ensure safe arrival
- Additional communication with taxi company as needed
- Payment of fare on your behalf
- Communication with school
- Communications with parent or guardian and student
- Admin to add journey cost to your school account
The premium is £45 which is added to the base cost of the taxi.
Additional variable fees are:
- £15 per additional passenger
- £45 Airport Guardians surcharge for Heathrow journeys on a main school travel day
- £45 per hour Unaccompanied Minor and other special services, e.g. accompanying student to a Covid test
Prices shown in the table above are inclusive of our premium, but do not include
- Extra waiting time,
- Parking charges,
- Additional pick-up and drop-offs
- Airport Guardians
- Special services
- Additional passengers
- Vehicle upgrade
Cancellations made less than 72 hours before travel will be charged the full journey fee.
Please book your journey using our booking form.