In these terms and conditions:
‘Customer’ means any person, company, organisation or firm, which purchases or uses Services from GTMatrix.
‘Client’ means any person, company, organisation or firm, which purchases or uses Services from GTMatrix.
‘Order Form’ means an order for Services on a form or any communication provided by you (in any format) and sent or requested by customers.
‘Services’ means all products and services made available by us from time to time.
‘Service Provider’/’Fulfilment Partner’ is a licensed Coach, PSV, Taxi or Private Hire Company, also referred to as (FP)
‘UM Service’ or ‘Unaccompanied Minor Service’ is a person or persons supplied by GTMatrix to oversee a specific student’s travel through a UK airport.
‘Chaperon’ or ‘Chaperone’ is a person or persons supplied by GTMatrix to oversee general student travel through a UK airport or as an escort on a coach or minibus.
‘DC’, ‘Driver Chaperon’ or ‘Driver Chaperone’ is a person or persons supplied by GTMatrix to oversee general student travel through a UK airport or as an escort on a coach, minibus or standard taxi.
- GTMatrix is a student transport agency and is not a taxi company. We use a network of licensed taxi, coach and minibus providers, vetted and approved by us, to transport students. For our services we charge an administration fee which is based on a percentage of the fare.
- We endeavour to ride-share where practical and logical.
2. Provision of Travel
- Travel Booking
- Bookings are made either
- directly with the school according to the protocols laid down by the school or
- Directly with GTMatrix using a form provided by GTMatrix for this purpose.
- Directly with GTMatrix using email communication.
- Where the bookings are made directly with GTMatrix the form provided will be in the form of a URL (internet) link to the booking form which may be located either on the GTMatrix website or on the school’s own website or portal. Forms are made using Zoho Forms and your data will be processed by Zoho before being sent to us.
- The person booking will receive a confirmation email to the email entered into the booking form. It is the responsibility of the submitter to monitor this email address. GTMatrix will not be held responsible for incorrect data entry, which includes incorrect flight information, travel times and other information critical to the correct transport of the student.
- Booking times will be confirmed with the person making the booking to the email address entered on the form and it is their responsibility to communicate these details with the travelling student. We will endeavour to send an SMS to the student with booking information if we have their mobile phone number, however it should be assumed that the person making the booking is solely and entirely responsible for communication with the student.
- Where the bookings are made directly with GTMatrix email, the booking and times will be confirmed with the person making the booking to the email address where the transfer request originated from. It is the customer’s responsibility to communicate these details with the travelling student. We will endeavour to send an SMS to the student with booking information if we have their mobile phone number, however it should be assumed that the person making the booking is solely and entirely responsible for communication with the student.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours before travel will be charged at the full rate.
- Student meeting protocol
- If a coach or minibus carrying multiple students is scheduled for a certain departure time, it will leave at the stated time. Any students who fail to turn up or are not ready on time will be charged for the journey and (if requested) we will arrange alternative transport for them to be charged at our standard rate.
- The Customer must ensure that the student is ready to be collected at the appointed time and is in a location where they can be easily found, or at the central collection point specified. The student should be told the time and place of the booking and should be looking out for their transport. Where the Customer has provided the student’s mobile phone number, this will be provided to the driver or chaperone. Should the student not be immediately visible the driver/chaperone will endeavour to call. Students must therefore have phones turned on, charged and with sufficient credit ready to receive/make phone calls at the appointed collection time.
- If the vehicle is more than 15 minutes late arriving to collect the student, the Customer or student should call GTMatrix on +44 20 3355 2858 to ask for advice and assistance.
- Where the student is being met at an airport they must
- Ensure their mobile phone is switched on and able to receive calls, charged and with sufficient credit ready to receive/make phone calls at the appointed collection time.
- Go to the arrivals hall and look for either:
- their name displayed on a name board held by a driver or
- a sign with the name of their school or
- An Airport Guardians sign
- Departures from school
- Collection times for flights out of the UK are based on travel time to the airport plus a delay contingency, to arrive a minimum of two hours before the flight. If you request collection outside our recommended timeframe you accept full responsibility if the flight is missed.
- We cannot guarantee that a student will not miss their flight. Our transport partners use their best endeavours to take the student to the destination in time, however circumstances beyond their control may prevent them reaching the destination. You therefore warrant and indemnify GTMatrix against any and all claims for missed flights, appointments or other claims arising from a failure to deliver the student to the destination.
- Arrivals (returning to school)
- On returning to school it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the school is open and/or able to receive the student. If arrival is outside school opening hours we will be unable to look after the student and they should be booked in with a guardian until the school opens. Failure to provide care of the student in the event of the school or guardian being unable to receive them will result in an hourly charge of £35 being levied. We offer no guarantees of being able to look after the student in these circumstances.
- Ride Share
- This is optional and the person booking has the chance to opt out. We will not ride share in the following circumstances:
- Where the collection of students from multiple locations may cause unacceptable wait times.
- Between airport terminals on the way in to the UK. We will not collect students from one terminal then go round to another terminal for other students. This causes unacceptable wait times.
- Route and time variation
- No variation to the route will be accepted, except with the express written permission of the parent or guardian. All drivers are instructed to refuse any request by the student to vary the origin or destination, however the failure of a driver to comply with this instruction can not be guaranteed and GTMatrix will not accept any liability for this failure.
- GTMatrix reserves the right to vary the collection time, origin, destination and route as necessary depending on circumstances.
- Seating Capacity, Passengers, Luggage and Passenger Conduct
- GTMatrix will allocate a vehicle with a suitable seating capacity for the number of passengers and their luggage. GTMatrix provides for ONE item of hand luggage up to 23Kg and ONE item of hold luggage up to 32Kg. Where students bring more than this allowance we reserve the right not to carry excess luggage. We will endeavour to transport excess luggage to the airport and this will be charged separately.
- GTMatrix does not accept any liability for loss. Lost property will be held by FPs according to their individual policy.
- Passengers will follow the instructions of the driver and/or chaperone (in the case of a chaperoned journey). Failure to do so may result in the student being reported to the school and asked to sit elsewhere in the vehicle.
- On board toilet facilities will not be provided as standard, however where available the use of any such facilities is at the passenger’s own risk.
- School rules apply to behaviour in the vehicle.
- Passengers will comply with the rules and standards specified by the FP. The driver has final say.
- Damage to the vehicle will be charged. GTMatrix reserves the right to pass on any valeting or other charges.
- Breakdowns and Delays
- The Company gives advice on journey times in good faith, however, we cannot guarantee the completion of a journey within a specific time and as such will not be liable for loss or inconvenience caused by breakdown, traffic congestion or other delays outside of our control.
- Prices & payment
- Prices may be specified at the time of booking. Additional charges may be incurred; these may include parking, waiting time, Family Office bespoke requests, additional Unaccompanied Minor time and additional chaperon(e) services rendered. These additional charges, where possible, will be agreed at the time of order and specified within the final invoice.
- The cost of each journey will be added to the school bill, account or invoiced as per our credit terms. Any queries regarding the cost should be raised with the Bursar or transfer request originator who will in turn raise the issue with GTMatrix for resolution.
- Cancellations will be accepted up to 72 hours before the booking time.
- Any cancellations will attract a minimum cancellation fee of £20.
- For any cancellation received with less than less than 24 hours notice or failure to turn up at the booked time, we reserve the right to charge the full fare.
3. Provision of Services
- For Travel Solutions, this section is to be read in conjunction with the Scope of Service.
- In the event of a complaint about our services you should write to the GTMatrix at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days. All complaints will be acknowledged within three working days and a full response can be expected within a further ten working days. If we are unable to conclude any investigations within this time we will ensure the complainant is kept fully informed every five working days.
- All prices are subject to VAT where applicable. Payment terms are 7 days.
- Our invoice includes a Disbursement figure. This is the sum that we have paid to suppliers on your behalf and is not subject to VAT.
- VAT is only payable on the service element of our invoice. This will be the net price less disbursements as defined in ii above.
- GTMatrix reserves the right to charge interest on all outstanding amounts at 5% above the prevailing Bank of England base rate.
- Termination of Contract
- The provision of travel services to schools or customers are provided on a rolling three year contractual basis. Either party may give ONE full term’s notice of their intention to terminate the contract.
- Limitation of liability
- Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services is limited to the total amount owed or paid to us for the single journey or transfer that is the subject of dispute.
- Data Privacy
- As part of the provision of our services we need to gather and share personal data. This data will be handled in full compliance with GDPR rules and specifically in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. We may share the personal details of students with their school, with GTMatrix staff including chaperones and with third party suppliers of transport including, but not limited to, taxi and coach companies and airline staff.
- Vetting of Fulfilment Partners & Liability
- We take reasonable measures to ensure the suitability and quality of the Service Providers/Fulfilment Partners (FP), including, without limitation, conducting reasonable due diligence on our Service Providers/Fulfilment Partners. This includes
- Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) indicating compliance with Local Authority standards, that our Fulfilment Partners are licensed entities and are appropriately insured.
- A copy of the FP’s Operator Licence
- A copy of the FP’s Public Liability Insurance certificate
- We make reasonable endeavours ensure that FPs have the appropriate processes and procedures in place to ascertain the validity and current status of their drivers.
- Notwithstanding any provisions in this clause, we are reliant on information supplied by third parties and we cannot guarantee that such information is accurate or held. We cannot guarantee that any particular Service Provider/Fulfilment Partner (FP) is suitable for your purposes and you use a Service Provider/Fulfilment Partner (FP) at your own risk. We may remove Service Providers/Fulfilment Partners (FP) from our roster of suppliers on the basis of any feedback in relation to that Service Provider/Fulfilment Partner (FP), but are under no obligation to do so.
- We provide a service that connects users (such as you the customer) with Service Providers/Fulfilment Partners (FP). We are not ourselves a Private Hire Operator and do not hold the appropriate Local Authority licenses. Any contract for the provision of services is between you the customer and the Service Provider/Fulfilment Partner (FP) (and not GTMatrix). It is up to the Service Provider/Fulfilment Partner (FP) to perform any services you request via GTMatrix.
- However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the service shall be liable for
- any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, loss of fares or flight/travel fees,
- any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates & availability) of the service provided as made available via our communication,
- the services rendered or the products offered by the service provider or other business partners,
- any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our service, or
- any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, wilful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the service or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or services are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the company, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.