GTMatrix contact information
Telephone number: 020 3355 2858
Email address: [email protected]
Responsibility to minors in your care
- No photographs or videos to be taken of any students at any time.
- Students most only be allowed out of the vehicle at the designated arrival point unless otherwise agreed by GTMatrix. The driver must make sure that the designated receiver of the children has been identified and that the children are safely accounted for and handed over to their custodian.
- On No account must children be allowed out of a vehicle if the designated receiver is not at home / in place. If this situation arises the driver must wait with the student until GTMatrix has indicated otherwise. All waiting time will be paid.
- Students set down on the pavement or verge should be advised to wait until the vehicle has departed before crossing the road.
- Extreme caution must be displayed when manoeuvring your vehicle in and around students. Always ensure your charges are in the vehicle with seatbelts fastened before moving off or attempting any further manoeuvre.
Standards of behaviour and conduct
- GTM uses a range of transport (taxis, minibuses, coaches) to support pupils attending off-site activities, sports fixtures, school trips and airport collections. We value the service provided by selected transport companies and expect a high standard of behaviour from pupils using these services.
- No smoking, including E-Cigarettes, on any School or College property at any time or whilst transporting children.
- All drivers are expected to be polite and courteous to all persons on School or College property and all students. Any issues or complaints, i.e. tardiness, rudeness, etc. must be raised with GTMatrix ONLY and never to any student, host family, parent, school representative or guardian.
- All journeys must be completed as directed and in a professional manner – any issues should be taken up with GTMatrix for resolution.
- Under no circumstances are Drivers allowed to associate with or socialise with any student in their care or carried in their vehicle.
- All drivers must be smartly dressed. This means wearing long trousers or skirt and a collared shirt or equivalent dress clothing according to culture and gender.
Emergencies unforeseen events
- Report all accidents in accordance with the standard procedures. Make sure you know what to do in an emergency situation and how to use the safety equipment.
- In an emergency situation a driver may be asked to supervise a group of Students whilst a member of staff takes the necessary actions. Where applicable all extra time will be paid accordingly.
Issues and complaints
- Students who misbehave should not be told to leave the vehicle, drivers should politely take their names and report the incident.
- Report any bad or inappropriate behaviour or vandalism by Students to GTMatrix as soon as possible.
- If you are regularly kept waiting for more than twenty minutes please report this to GTMatrix so that we can investigate the problem.
- All drivers must carry their PHV licence and a second corroborating means of identification, for example a UK photo-card driving licence, passport, etc.
- All drivers must be aware of the large number of students on College and School property and ensure that they take extra care, particularly when reversing as students often have little appreciation of the hazards of moving vehicles.
- All vehicles should be parked appropriately and not be blocking any access ways or emergency exits.
- Drivers must consult their driver’s notes which will include passenger numbers and must not leave a venue until ALL the students due for collection are in the vehicle.
- In the event of no-shows the Driver must contact GTMatrix and remain on-site until cleared by GTMatrix. On no account will the driver take a student’s word that the student due for collection has made alternative arrangements. All waiting time will be paid.
- Students should only be collected and set down at agreed points. Any changes to these arrangements should only be accepted from GTMatrix and not from parents or students even if they say that permission has been given.
- All drivers are expected to drive in accordance with the Highway Code. Approach all stops with care, keeping the doors closed until you have brought the vehicle to a complete standstill.
- Before moving off, make sure that the doors are fully closed and that nothing is caught in the mechanism of the door from the inside or outside and that all passengers have fastened their seat belts.
- Check the nearside mirror every time in case latecomers attempt to board. Under no circumstances are pupils allowed to operate doors using the driver’s controls.
- Drivers must observe speed limits and never rush to accommodate pupils’ or parents’ requests.