Join our student chaperone team at Heathrow Airport
GTMatrix is a student logistics business. We specialise in the transport of under 18-year-old students throughout the UK. Our clients are boarding schools and appointed guardians of overseas students.
We require the individuals that join our team to be available on pre-set dates during the school year, mainly the beginning and end of terms and half term breaks, as well as some exeat weekends. We wouldn’t expect you to be available for all the dates, but we would need you to commit in advance to the ones you can do.
Our student chaperone team or “Airport Guardians” look after international students as they arrive and depart.
We have a wonderful team already in place and are seeking friendly, nurturing and organised individuals who are looking for part time work at set dates throughout the year.
The role of an Airport Guardian is as follows:
- Greet students as they arrive and assist students checking in
- Provide oversight to travelling students
- Liaise with parents and schools as required
- Co-ordinate the timely arrival and departure of vehicles
- Ensure students are on-board correct vehicles and signed off
- Sign the students off into the care of receiving parents or coach chaperone as directed
- Deal with unfolding circumstances that affect travel and welfare of students in our care
Our team regularly walk several miles per day!
The pay is £20 per hour (minimum 5-hour shift)
The Airport Guardians chaperone team is on-duty from 04:45 to 22:00 on designated school travel days.
All chaperones will be required to undergo DBS enhanced level checks and complete online Safeguarding and First Aid training. Applicant should be comfortable using technology on a phone or tablet whilst on duty. Uniform and F&B allowance provided.
Would suit individual with existing flexible working hours (e.g., Airline staff or semi-retired person) living within 40 minutes travel time on public transport from LHR.
We will require you to fill in our detailed Application form and require references.
We very much look forward to meeting the successful applicants. Please see our website at www.gtmatrix.net.